Example link: https://creator.celestory.io/project/ETZKLG0ZZ
🔺 To activate the Visual Novel, you must create a new Module and choose the Visual Novel Template.
The Template created by default in a new project is the Chatbot Template.
Only the blocks linked to one of the templates are not compatible with the other.
🎭 Visual novel
In Celestory, there are 3 types of blocks: logic blocks, blocks linked to a template and blocks not linked to a template.
There are 2 templates: Chatbot and Visual Novel.
If the Chatbot template displays a wall for publishing messages, the Visual Novel template has several particularities:
- It is made up around the scene, a decor that is cut in X places of the same width, which adapt to the size of the screen.
- The characters have dialog images (a still image to the left of each dialog to indicate who is speaking) and moods, each of which can be associated to an image.
- It has new blocks to animate the characters.
- The actions of the blocks have delays.
- It is compatible with an animation software that allows to have skeletons with 2D or 3D effects: Spine.
More info: Spine's website
Example of Spine skeleton:
🏃🚶 Animating the characters
The specific blocks of the Visual template are
Displays the image of a scenery that is divided into X locations
- Add a character:
makes a mood of the character appear at a location
- Changer l'humeur:
- Change the mood:
- Enlever un personnage
makes the character disappear by fading out
- Flip the character over:
makes a flip in the image of the current mood
Displays an image is a text overlay on the screen:
Updated on: 20 / 10 / 2021